FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY + ON CALL ALLOWANCE & OVERTIME
Brilliant new opening for a Mechanical / Electrical Engineer to join a world leading organisation – Opportunity to work from home and travel overseas!
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
They are looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer to install, service and support their x-ray screening products – primarily the state of the art Computed Tomography Explosive Detection Systems.
This is an exciting and varied role, working from home, visiting customer premises including Gatwick Airport and DHL Southern Hub, plus other locations across the UK and overseas.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Become part of a leading, trusted organisation
- Opportunity to travel the world (with appropriate remuneration)
Key Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Installation and Service Support of all Checkpoint & Trace & EDS systems at customer premises
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on-site at customers’ premises throughout the UK and overseas
- Assist the IT Specialists with Server setup and PLC engineers with integration and commissioning
- Carry out site surveys prior to installations.
- Provide L4 remote technical support from UK premises to all HBS customers
- Engage with all internal departments, and externally with customers and / or Distributors on service-related matters
- Provide regular reports on service activity
Skills & Experience Required:
- Recognised qualification in an IT or Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic equipment or complex multi-disciplined equipment or systems, or knowledge of HV Systems i.e. Radar or Medical
- The role will be home based and will involve servicing Heathrow and Gatwick/London sites
Ready for the challenge?
Don’t let this Field Service Engineer position pass you by! Apply today and we will be in touch.