MACHINIST / KNUTSFORD / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, experienced Machinist to join an industry leading organisation.
Our client is a premier manufacturer for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry – as such they operate at a rapid pace and are always looking to bring the best people into the organisation.
They are now looking for a hands-on Machinist to join their busy team – you will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Exceptional support leading to personal development
- Fantastic working environment
- Real career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Machinist:
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials
- Study sample parts, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Check workpieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Machinist role
- Background in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Ability to operate various machines, and understand drawings
- Strong communication skills
- Positive approach, with a “can-do” attitude
Ready for the challenge?
If you have the necessary skills to be a successful Machinist, please apply NOW and we will be in touch.