SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER / STOKE / COMPETITIVE PAY
New opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer – you will be joining a world leading organisation with an excellent culture! They guarantee a challenging yet rewarding career.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
They are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be working within the Cargo and Vehicle Inspection section of the team. As part of their team, you will be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction and continuous improvement in manufacture. You will be expected to produce design concepts and designs for complex scanning solutions including general assembly drawings, fabricated structures, sheet metalwork, machined components and hydraulic systems.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Producing designs of a variety of engineering structures including fabricated structures, sheet metalwork and machined components
- Producing general arrangement and assembly drawings/instructions as required.
- Responsibility for bills of materials to support assemblies.
- Responsible for ensuring that mechanical designs include support for electrical and other system components
- To work within the engineering design framework including participation in engineering design reviews, new project kick-off meetings and customer meetings as required.
- Responsible for design sign-off to the manufacturing group and process Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s)and Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) through the document control system.
Skills & Experience Required:
- HNC or higher in mechanical engineering is preferred although equivalent industrial experience will be considered.
- SolidWorks design experience is essential, with a proven track record in the design of fabrications, sheet metalwork and machined components.
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production would be beneficial. Autodesk Inventor would be beneficial.
- Strong background in the creation of new design concepts for heavily fabricated products.
- Understanding of skills required to develop complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
Get in touch Now! Submit your CV for this Senior Mechanical Engineer position today!