EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS ENGINEER / STOKE / COMPETITIVE PAY
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Embedded Electronics Engineer – You will be joining a world leading organisation – Play a pivotal role in shaping next generation core technology.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
The Embedded Electronics Engineer role is a newly created position within the business – Their products use proprietary data acquisition systems; you will be a key member of the Electronics Design Team, assisting with the design and code of real-time applications.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Become part of a leading, trusted organisation
- Excellent career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Embedded Electronics Engineer:
- Design, code and debug low-level real-time applications, primarily using “C”; (e.g.) Atmel: 8-bit AVR, Texas Instruments: 16-bit MSP430, Texas Instruments: 32-bit C2000
- Research and development of software solutions, using an embedded operating-system
- Research and development of PC based data analysis tools to help control, monitor, analyse, and visualise performance of data acquisition systems
- Widespread exposure to board level hardware including hands-on bring up, test and diagnostics
- Some level of hardware design depending upon experience and circumstance
- Contribute to current and future electronics architecture and Data acquisition techniques
- Authoring of engineering documentation to established team procedures
- Some international travel may be required for technical collaboration
Skills & Experience Required:
- Broad knowledge of embedded software techniques
- Understanding of electronics, design techniques and EDA tools for hardware and embedded software
- Experience writing PC-based applications for control, monitoring, analysis, and visualisation
- Technical degree (ideally software engineering or electronic engineering)
- History of board-level hardware design (analog and/or digital) and associated bring up
- Practical hands on approach to working with circuit boards
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to converse effectively with specialist teams.
Ready to be part of the team?
Apply Now! This Embedded Electronics Engineer position is not to be missed!