MECHANICAL ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY
Brilliant new opening for a Mechanical Engineer to join a world leading organisation – Opportunity to work away from base, with some overseas travel!
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
They are looking for a dedicated Mechanical Engineer to provide Mechanical Design and Configuration Control of various systems, sub-systems, components and tooling for novel x-ray baggage screening systems.
This will require skill in precision engineering design and in design of sheet metal work and will include the creation of 3D system models and associated 2D drawings.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Become part of a leading, trusted organisation
- Opportunity to travel overseas
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Design and develop detailed mechanical components and assemblies from concept through to production
- Work with other mechanical engineering resources in-house and offshore to ensure detailed manufacturing drawings are accurately generated
- Work in collaboration with Systems and Electrical/Electronic Engineers as part of overall design team
- Assemble and test delivered parts and produce reports on sub-systems and / or complete systems
- Identify critical to quality design parameters and annotate drawings accordingly
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure designed parts are built to requirements/tolerances and to schedule
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases
- Produce comprehensive and accurate supporting documentation
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree/HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical design experience, ideally with industrial machinery
- Sheet metal experience is desirable
- Extensive experience of Autodesk Inventor and Vault or equivalent CAD packages
- Understanding of Quality Assurance processes and procedures
- Hands on approach and be capable of mechanical assembly
- May include occasional travel including overseas
Ready for the challenge?
Don’t let this Mechanical Engineer position pass you by! Apply today and we will be in touch.