1st LINE SUPPORT / OXFORD / UP TO £24K DOE + BENEFITS
Looking to kick start your career in an IT support role? Want to be part of a growing organisation that offers an excellent working environment and great benefits? If so, our client has the perfect position for you!
They are the largest supplier of ID card related products and services across the UK and Europe, employing over 100 staff across four sites.
Due to a recent acquisition, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic 1st Line Support to join them. You will be key to supporting external users of their desktop ID solutions; both software and hardware.
You will be given all the tools and support needed to progress within the business.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary (£20,000 - £24,000 – Dependent on Experience)
- Pension scheme
- Vibrant working environment
- Real career progression
- 20 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Cycle 2 Work Initiative & Free fruit daily
Key Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support:
- Taking calls and emails from customers and exceeding their expectations
- Provide application and hardware support to both external customers and internal users
- Provide user and system support via telephone, email and remote login assistance
- Log calls, and all activities associated with the completion of those calls
- Administer Return Merchandise Authorisation procedures for the return of hardware
- Undertake training to gain and maintain third party accreditation/certification
- Provide general service, repair and upgrades to specialist printer hardware
Skills & Experience Required:
- An interest in IT and new technologies
- Knowledge of Windows PC administration
- Good working knowledge of PC and laptop hardware. Printer hardware knowledge or knowledge of print processes would be an advantage.
- Competency in full MS Office suite (incl. MS Access)
- Excellent telephone manner with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Hardworking, flexible and reliable with a positive 'can do’ attitude
- Knowledge of the following would be a bonus; Hardware servicing/repair, SQL, Printer/software installation, smart card technologies (e.g. mifare)
If you have the passion we are looking for, apply for this 1st Line Support position now and we will be in touch!