PCB LAYOUT ENGINEER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE SALARY
Fantastic new role, with a world leading organisation – you will be key to bringing the PCB Layout of Electronics Designs inhouse! Excellent working environment and opportunities to progress.
Our client has a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Healthcare, security and defence are among the key markets where they have made significant inroads with new ideas, products and processes.
As they continue to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a PCB Layout Engineer, based at their St Neots facility. The PCB Layout discipline requires knowledge of both PCB manufacturing and component assembly processes.
The successful PCB Layout Engineer will work closely with the manufacturing and assembly team, allowing the electronics design engineer to focus more closely on the detail of the design solution.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
- Real career progression
Key Responsibilities of the PCB Layout Engineer:
- Become the schematic capture and PCB librarian
- Parasitic circuit-board design (and simulation) based upon requirements set out by design engineer
- Liaise with internal PCB assembly engineers to optimise layout for manufacturing cost and efficiency
- Examine obsolescence and board optimisation for large scale production
- Work with subcomponent selection from a variety of vendors
- Component consolidation
- Develop a preferred parts list in conjunction with the design engineers
- Use of Altium Designer as the main software tool for design work
- Assist with design for manufacture
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Sound understanding of Multilayer PCB design and layout
- Experience of using ECAD design software such as Altium
- Work experience in a manufacture PCB design or an electronic test environment
- Substantial experience with PCB (PC Board, printed circuit board) high speed digital, analogue, RF and switch mode power supply design layout and impedance control; PCB Fabrication IPC-6011/6012D, PCB Assembly J-STD-001F and IPC-A-610F (Class 2&3)
- IPC CID (Certified Interconnect Designer) qualified
Ready to join them?
If you would like to be considered for this PCB Layout Engineer role, we want to hear from you! Apply Now!