FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (INTERIM) / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a world-renowned organisation on an interim basis.
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
They are looking for a Financial Accountant to join them on an interim basis, commencing September 2019 until the end of April 2020 (potentially with extensions if required).
You will have 2 direct reports, with responsibility for the management and coordination of the Finance Department.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Manage and coordinate the month end close process
- Reporting financial results using financial reporting tools
- Ensuring the finance department is compliant with internal control requirements
- Responsible for the integrity of numerous balance sheet accounts and reconciliations
- Coordinate and complete the quarterly reporting finance schedules for group reporting
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Timely reconciliation, preparation and submission of the UK and Foreign VAT returns
- Provide analysis and answers to finance related queries to a high standard
- Manage and support finance administrators (one in the UK and another in Malaysia)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong financial accounting skillset
- Strong QBE or part ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Advanced Excel user essential - expert formulae writing and running/ writing macros
- Able to present information clearly, concisely & professionally; informally and to larger audiences.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and pro-active member of the team
- Diligent, enthusiastic and driven, with an excellent work ethic, and a can-do attitude
- Experienced in the use of ERP systems (Navision desirable) and financial reporting systems (Hyperion)
- Knowledge and experience of working with domestic and international VAT
- Previous staff management experience desirable
Ready for the next step in your career?
If you would like to be considered for this Financial Accountant role, Apply NOW, and we will be in touch.