EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS ENGINEER / STOKE-ON-TRENT / COMPETITIVE PAY
Looking for a rewarding new role, with a world-renowned organisation? If so, our client has the perfect opportunity for you!
They are an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
A fantastic new opening has arisen for an Embedded Electronics Engineer to join the electronics design team. This role is responsible for the design and implementation of next generation core technology for data acquisition within the Cargo Division.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Embedded Electronics Engineer:
- Design, code and debug low-level real-time applications, primarily using “C”;
- (e.g.) Atmel: 8-bit AVR, Texas Instruments: 16-bit MSP430, Texas Instruments: 32-bit C2000.
- Research and development of software solutions, including using an embedded operating-system, within the company’s electronics system architecture.
- Research and development of PC based data analysis tools to help control, monitor, analyse, and visualise performance of their electronics data acquisition systems.
- Widespread exposure to board level hardware including hands-on bring up, test and diagnostics.
- Some level of hardware design depending upon experience and circumstance.
- Contribute to current and future electronics architecture and Data acquisition techniques.
- Authoring of engineering documentation to established team procedures.
- Support the manufacturing/commissioning/service departments.
- Some international travel may be required for technical collaboration
- “All round” software-centric engineer with strong hands-on-the-hardware approach.
- Experience of bare metal software development with various development environments;
- (e.g.) Atmel: AVR Studio, Texas Instrument: Code Composer Studio
- Experience creating PC-based engineering applications;
- (e.g.) Microsoft Visual Studio (C, C++ C#), scripting languages such as TCL/TK.
- History of board-level hardware design (analog and/or digital) and associated bring up.
- Practical hands on approach to working with circuit boards including soldering, reworking and measurement.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator able to converse effectively with specialist teams.
- A flexible engineer able to pick up new ideas and tools quickly, to work under pressure both independently and within a small and dynamic team.
- Broad knowledge of embedded software techniques to enable real-time data processing systems.
- Understanding of electronics, design techniques and EDA tools for hardware and embedded software.
- Experience writing PC-based applications for control, monitoring, analysis, and visualisation.
- Technical degree (ideally software engineering or electronic engineering)
Ready for the next step in your career?
If you would like to be considered for this Embedded Electronics Engineer role, simply apply now, and we will be in touch very soon.