ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY
Looking for a rewarding new role, with a world-renowned organisation? If so, our client has the perfect opportunity for you!
They are an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
A fantastic new opening has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to carry out electrical design work for the RTT product line. This will require experience of electrical design in an industrial machinery context including design for safety and EMC, as well as skill and experience in the use of AutoCad Electrical. Please note that this is a 6 month contract.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Work with other Company electrical engineering resources to ensure detailed drawings are accurately generated.
- Identify critical to quality design parameters and annotate drawings accordingly.
- Work in collaboration with Systems, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers as part of the design team.
- Support the manufacturing team during production and assembly.
- Support Service, Installation and Commissioning teams.
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure designed parts are built to requirements/tolerances and to schedule.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases.
- Produce comprehensive and accurate supporting documentation.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Must have extensive experience of Autodesk Electrical gained in an industrial machinery context.
- Experience of designing to safety standards such as IEC 61010-1 and design for EMC compatibility highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CE and UL marking process also highly desirable.
- The individual should be degree/HND qualified in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience may be considered. They should have at least 5 years electrical design experience ideally with industrial machinery.
Ready for the next step in your career?
If you would like to be considered for this Electrical Engineer role, simply apply now, and we will be in touch very soon.