MECHANICAL ENGINEER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY
Looking for a rewarding new role, with a world-renowned organisation? If so, our client has the perfect opportunity for you!
They are an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
A fantastic new opening has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to carry out mechanical design of machine and tube production tooling and x-ray tube components for a new product. The position will be to support the lead engineer and the wider team to generate detailed and accurate mechanical drawings for production release. Please note that this is a 6 month contract.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer:
- To design tooling to support the manufacture of RTT x-ray tubes and machines.
- To carry out HV and UHV component design for RTT x-ray tubes and machines.
- Support the manufacturing team during production and assembly.
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure designed parts are built to requirements/tolerances and to schedule.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases.
- Produce comprehensive and accurate supporting documentation.
- The individual must be degree/HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have at least 3 years mechanical design experience ideally with industrial machinery.
- He must have extensive experience of Autodesk Inventor and Vault or equivalent CAD packages.
- He must understand Quality Assurance processes and procedures.
- He must have a hands on approach and be capable of mechanical assembly.
- An understanding of designing to safety standards such as 61010-1 and 60204 would be a bonus as would previous knowledge of x-ray systems.
Ready for the next step in your career?
If you would like to be considered for this Mechanical Engineer role, simply apply now, and we will be in touch very soon.