FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER / STOKE ON TRENT / COMPETITIVE SALARY
Our client is a market leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints.
As they continue to expand, they have an exciting new opening for a talented Field Service Engineer to join them.
They are looking for an experienced Engineer to provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
- Real career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Carry out repair, maintenance and overhaul as necessary elements of cargo systems (CVI)
- Perform general maintenance, fitting, troubleshooting and fault finding on CVI systems
- Provide oral and written response to requests for 3rd line technical request from site of operations to either site engineers, distributors, engineers or customer reps
- Provide defect liability or post acceptance support for CVI mobile or airport cargo equipment
- Install static, gantry or portal CVI systems as part of an installation team
- Travel required to Europe, former CIS, Central & SW Asia, Middle East and Africa with occasional opportunities for travel to Iraq and Afghanistan (which carries the appropriate remuneration)
- Complete technical documentation including service reports, engineering change requests
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- BTEC, C&G or HNC or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and electro/mechanical systems
- Knowledge of integrated IT systems Inc PLC, HV systems and/or radar
- As a Field Service Engineer, you will be expected to travel on a Global basis, at times at relatively short notice and to challenging destinations
- Experience in a similar field service role would be advantageous
Ready to take on this exciting challenge?
If you think you have what it takes to join us as a Field Service Engineer, we want to hear from you! Apply now and we’ll be in touch.