PURCHASING ASSISTANT / WITHAM, ESSEX / UP TO £18K DOE
Our client is the global leader in the design and manufacture of food display products, with offices in Essex, London, China and New York.
As they continue to grow, an opening has arisen for a highly motivated Purchasing Assistant to join them at their luxury headquarters in Witham, Essex.
The successful Purchasing Assistant will assist the Purchasing Team with their day to day duties, ensuring they are following all necessary procedures.
What’s on Offer?
- Good basic salary (£16k - £18k, Dependent on Experience)
- Great company culture
- Modern, contemporary working environment
- State-of-the-art technology and huge array of facilities and processes
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant:
- Review Supplier order confirmations
- Check Supplier and freight invoices
- Create items on Microsoft Navision Software, ensuring all required data is captured and updated where necessary
- Process and categorise samples and prototypes received from Suppliers
- Create contacts in Dynamics 365 and Navision. Maintain contact information to ensure it is update to date and accurate
- Assist with carrying out quality control checks and raising any issues to the Purchasing Manager
- Assist with obtaining Freight Quotes for Sea and Air
- Arrange freight shipments and liaise with Freight Forwarders
- Submit and process documentation for Customs clearance and imports
- Submit relevant tasks as required by the Purchasing Team using Dynamics 365
- Communicate with the UK and China Warehouse teams to ensure goods can be effectively booked in and work to necessary schedules
- Data Cleansing as required
- General Administration
Skills & Experience Required:
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Previous experience in an administrative or purchasing role
- Qualification in purchasing or relevant subject
- Experience using Microsoft Navision or Dynamics 365
If you have the skills and passion they are looking for, apply for this Purchasing Assistant position NOW and we’ll be in touch.