X-RAY TUBE ASSEMBLY & TEST TECHNICIAN / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY + 20% FOR EARLY AND LATE SHIFTS
Are you an experienced Technician, looking for an exciting role with a world-renowned organisation? Our client guarantees a challenging yet rewarding career, with excellent opportunities to progress.
They are an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
A brand-new opening has arisen for an X-Ray Tube Assembly & Test Technician to join them – you will play a key role in the processing and HV conditioning of x-ray tubes (including wiring and mechanical assembly).
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary + 20% for early and late shifts
- Pension plan
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Tube Assembly & Test Technician:
- Assisting in the vacuum bake-out of tubes including diagnosis and rectification of vacuum leaks
- Post bake-out tube processing, application of lead plates, assembly completion
- Assisting in High Voltage conditioning and testing of X-ray tubes
- Use of various plant including bake-out ovens, conditioning rigs and gantry crane
- Performing TPM activities as required
- Fault finding and diagnosing issues on vacuum systems and HV conditioning rig equipment
- Ensuring compliance with COSHH regulations
- Organising and maintaining a safe and efficient working environment
- Accurate and consistent recording of data including use of MS Excel
- Provide an on-going contribution to the development/improvement of the above processes
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualification in Engineering to ONC/HND level (or significant engineering experience)
- Previous experience working as a technician (or similar) in a technical field
- Demonstrable experience in operating sophisticated manufacturing/technical/scientific equipment
- Ability to understand plant and processes
- Self-discipline to ensure maintenance of best possible working practices
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with others and contribute as a member of the team
- Good communication skills required for shift hand-over reporting
In addition, the following would be beneficial;
- HV/UHV vacuum experience including helium leak checking
- Experience with working with high voltage equipment
- X-ray tube operation
- 5S, 6 Sigma Practices
- Handling of compressed gas cylinders
- Experienced in working around / with lifting equipment, e.g. gantry crane
Ready to become part of the team?
If you have what it takes to be a successful X-RAY TUBE ASSEMBLY & TEST TECHNICIAN, we want to hear from you. Apply Now!