PRODUCTION MANAGER / SWINDON / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Are you looking for an exciting new role, with an organisation that truly values their people? If you have a background in manufacturing, and leading a team, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a specialist in the design and manufacture of highly efficient AC and EC Motors, selling over 1 million products each year.
As they continue to grow, a new opening has arisen for a highly motivated Production Manager. You will resource and manage the manufacturing plan for the production of their finished products.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Discounted cinema tickets and gym membership
- Excellent working environment, and opportunities to progress to senior roles
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Ensure the consistent delivery on time of the manufacturing supply plan
- Develop and improve the effective utilisation of people, plant and equipment
- Communication with Customer Services, Supply Chain, Planning and Logistics to proactively monitor and improve consistency, cost effectiveness and reliability of customer delivery service
- Drive perpetual improvements in direct labour productivity utilising all available resource
- Develop a culture of ownership and responsibility for materials, product and process quality
- Actively participate in regular management reviews aimed at assessing strategic opportunities for cost reduction, improved service levels and general business improvement
- Develop and drive a committed & motivated team, providing leadership, guidance and discipline
- Ensure that performance appraisals are carried out, recorded and reviewed
- Produce a regular management report summarising, progress against your specific objectives
Skills & Experience Required:
- People Management skills with indirect and directs employees across shifts
- Strong communication Skills
- Be approachable/adaptable to change
- Well organised
- MRP system knowledge (but training provided)
- Experience working in line with Lean and 5S Principles
Ready to be part of the team?
Don’t miss out! Submit your CV for this Production Manager role via the ‘Apply’ button NOW, and we’ll be in touch.