QUALITY ENGINEER / STOKE ON TRENT / COMPETITIVE PAY
Looking for a rewarding new role? Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
They are investing in their Quality Department and seek an experienced Quality Engineer to join them and increase their early involvement in the New Product Development process.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Represent Quality in the New Product Introduction (NPI) design and development and Engineering Change Order processes
- Ensure that quality requirements are defined, documented and implemented
- Develop Quality Plans, Control Plans and input into product verification and validation plans, and, when required, advanced tools including APQP, and input into DFMEA and PFMEA
- Provide direction for Quality Inspectors and Technicians to ensure Quality requirements are met
- Provide training and direction for operations personnel on quality standards
- Assist in the management of all instances of non-conformance through to completion of corrective and preventive action
- Advise on the applicability of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- Positive proactive attitude to work, be self-motivated, and have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Passionate about the Manufacturing Floor and solving problems in Teams
- Proven experience as a Quality Engineer or Quality Manager in a manufacturing organisation that produce highly engineered products (preferably automotive or aerospace)
- Higher National Diploma or Degree in Engineering/Science discipline or time served
- Experience with relevant QMS (ISO 9001, TS 16949, or AS9100 and ISO14001 standards)
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings
- Clean Driving Licence
- Experience with New Product Introduction responsibilities - Desirable
- Trained Auditor to ISO9000 - Desirable
- Lean and or Six Sigma experience would be an advantage
Ready to join us?
Don’t let this Quality Engineer position pass you by! Apply now via the button shown.