SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER / STOKE ON TRENT / COMPETITIVE PAY
Want meaning in your work? Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military and checkpoints. They help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration and trade fraud.
They are investing in our Quality Department and seek an experienced, self-motivated Supplier Quality Engineer to join them and increase their Supplier Quality Capabilities.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Work with Purchasing/SCM to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardisation and continuous improvement
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Aide Manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials/services
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects – this may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams
- Manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes
- Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven track record of accomplishments.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer / Manager in manufacturing (automotive or aerospace)
- Experience with relevant QMS (ISO 9001, TS 16949, or AS9100 and ISO14001 standards)
- Trained Auditor to ISO9000 and ISO 14001 is desirable
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of project management (experience preferred)
- Knowledge of quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA PFEMA, PPAP, etc
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and international travel is possible, sometimes at short notice)
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings
- Clean driving Licence and own vehicle with business class insurance
Don’t miss out! Apply for this Supplier Quality Engineer position now, and we’ll be in touch.