SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER / SOLIHULL / UP TO £55K + BENEFITS
Our client is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join their award-winning team.
With offices in the UK, USA and Australia, they are a rapidly expanding organisation, with a fantastic culture and strong focus on their people – they guarantee a challenging yet rewarding career!
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be working within their Agile Development teams and be involved throughout the full development lifecycle of the development team with responsibility in the development and maintenance of their software platform.
What’s in it for me?
- Highly competitive salary (Up to £55k, Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- Health cash plan
- Vibrant, friendly working environment
- Free healthy snacks & lunchtime gaming
- Excellent career progression and personal development opportunities
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process
- Work with Big Data technologies such as Spark
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- To be enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science / Engineering - or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent experience of developing Enterprise C# and/or Java applications
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
- Designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems, running machine learning tests and experiments, implementing appropriate ML algorithms
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Stack, Python (not expert level, enough to program for Apache Spark)
- Scala (enough for Spark), NumPy or any other framework
- Strong demonstrable experience of Object-Oriented Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code
- Experience of using micro-services for both RESTful based micro-services and asynchronous processing components decoupled using queueing, or similar
Ready for a new challenge?
If you have what it takes to join us as a Senior Software Engineer, Apply Now!