TECHNICAL AUTHOR / STOKE ON TRENT / COMPETITIVE
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a talented Technical Author to join their forward-thinking organisation.
They are a market leader in in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints.
A fantastic new opening for an experienced Technical Author has arisen – you will research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Author:
- Research the CVI business and product applications to gain full understanding
- Communicate and collaborate information with Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Service Engineers and other related subject matter experts
- Ensure that the written documentation is completed to advised and agreed deadlines
- Present and/or deliver written documentation through the appropriate internal publication
- Develop and maintain an ECN process and Document Amendment process for the Cargo Division
- Manage a publication and document library within the Cargo Vehicle Inspection Division
- Write, edit and present information in clear and concise English including coordinating and preparing illustrations and images, document indexing, cataloguing and copy-editing
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- Apprentice trained, or hold qualifications at HNC/HND level, preferably in an Electrical discipline
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work and hold excellent analytical skills
- Good understanding of mechanical and electronic control systems, including diagnostic processes
- Hands-on approach.
- Able to use Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS Office and Photoshop
- Migration to Adobe FrameMaker is planned, so good understanding of system, along with Adobe Illustrator, Electrical AutoCad and Inventor Publisher would be beneficial
- A second language would also be an advantage
Ready to join us?
If you have what it takes to fulfil this Technical Author role, we want to hear from you! Apply Now and we will be in touch.