SENIOR COST MANAGER / SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR / EXETER / UP TO £50K DOE + BENEFITS
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor, looking for a new challenge with a rapidly expanding organisation? If so our client has an exciting Senior Cost Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor role that is perfect for you.
They are a market leading provider of cost management and project management consultancy services across a wide range of sectors – working on some of the largest building and engineering projects in the UK and mainland Europe.
As the business grows, they are looking for a talented Senior Cost Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their forward-thinking utilities team. You could be based full time in Exeter or split between the Cardiff office and Exeter.
What’s in it for me?
- £38,000 - £50,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Company car / Car allowance
- Vibrant working environment
- Excellent company culture - IIP accredited practice
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Contribute towards bid and tender preparation and business development
- Assume day - to - day delivery responsibility for projects / programmes of work
- Monitor project fees and ensure resource and time inputs are in line with approved budgets
- Prepare budget estimates, cost plans and client reports
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts
- Prepare and evaluate tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation
- Provide Risk and Value Management
- Contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings
- Preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation
- Mentor and coach team members, ensuring staff and new starters are developed to support the successful growth of the Practice and development of their career
Skills & Experience Required:
- Construction, cost management, engineering, quantity surveying or other RICS accredited degree
- Strong core technical skills
- Experience of the Utilities industry
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Energetic and motivated with natural drive and an innovative flair
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good experience of managing people and delivering multiple or complex projects
- Extensive experience of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
Ready to become part of the team?
If you have the passion and drive to join us, simply apply for this Senior Cost Manager position now!