PLANNING ENGINEER / NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE / c.£50,000 DOE + BENEFITS
Are you an experienced Planning Engineer, looking for a rewarding new role, with a world leading organisation? If so, our client has a fantastic new opening that is perfect for you!
They are a premium provider of integrated specialty services - their extensive portfolio of industrial service offerings includes scaffolding, coatings, insulation and specialty mechanical services.
As their UK operations continue to expand, they are looking for a Planning Engineer to monitor the production schedule at the Philips 66 Refinery. You will create planning studies and generate reports about new programs, plans, and regulations.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary (c.£50,000, Dependent on Experience)
- Company pension plan
- Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation
- Great company culture, vibrant working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Planning Engineer:
- Decide on proper engineering techniques and milestone sequences for each project stage
- Set targets for activities based on each phase of a project plan
- Make estimations for timescales and costs using specialised design software packages
- Monitor day-to-day work progress for given project and provide accurate reports
- Track and analyse field results
- Analyse expenses and identify opportunities to save cost
- Ensure complex projects are handled on time and on budget by overseeing the project planning, inventory services, cost control, team leadership, and project management
- Manage overall communications and the successful completion of the planning process
- Drive continuous improvement by working with leadership teams, identifying gaps in key performance areas and plan activities to increase overall project efficiency
- Provide guidance and deliver schedules to facilitate project execution strategy
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong understanding of technical engineering principles
- Understanding of how to scope a project and create work schedules
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- 3D modelling software such as AutoCAD or Navisworks
- Project Management tools – Primavera P6, SAP
- High levels of mathematical skills and analytical problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Don’t miss out! If you are interested in this Planning Engineer position, submit your CV now.