MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER / KNUTSFORD / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join their market leading organisation.
Established for over 40 years, they are a premier manufacturer for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry – strading in over fifty countries, with a turnover of over £50 million.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer your primary job will be processing production orders from concept through to final assembly and to provide technical assistance through all stages of manufacture.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Friendly working environment
- Exceptional support leading to personal career development
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Co-ordinate the complete processing of customer orders
- Bills of materials creation and release in accordance with pre-defined schedules
- New line modelling, new parts and new assemblies in SolidWorks
- Co-ordinate the Production of machine drawings and X-sectional drawings on AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Identify customer requirements and Produce technical documents to allow compliance
- Technically support Sales enquiries, which includes reviewing of technical documents, proposal of appropriate products, creation of arrangement drawings, technical write-ups for quotations etc.
- Perform calculations to support any new designs or changes to existing designs
- Checking of other team member’s work
- Processing of small internal projects under the guidance of the Engineering Manager
- Co-ordinating the revision of existing parts and their correct implementation
- Identifying assembly problems and implementing a corrective action plan
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in similar manufacturing environment
- Take ownership of projects
- Show initiative and makes decisions at the appropriate level
- Proactively weigh up the pro's and con's of important situations sharing information as appropriate
- Thinks of the impacts of solving a problem in a particular way
- Aware of the positive (and negative) impact of their actions
If you are interested in this Mechanical Project Engineer role, apply now, and we will be in touch.