HEAD OF TECHNICAL / SOUTHALL OR WIGSTON / £60,000 + CAR + BENEFITS
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Technical to become an integral part of their world leading organisation. You could be based at either the Southall or Wigston site.
Their story started in France in the 1980s, when they created the first ever quick-frozen part-baked baguette. They are experts in the development of bread, viennoiserie, patisserie and savoury products for food service providers, retailers and bakers.
They are committed to creating an environment that motivates, develops, and respects each employee. If you are looking for more than just a job, then this could be the place for you!
The successful Head of Technical will manage all technical requirements across UK sites, and any third-party manufacturers supplying products to our customers.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary – Up to £60,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Fully expensed company car
- Company pension scheme
- Vibrant working environment
- Excellent career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Technical:
- Regular communication and collaboration with Group colleagues, local site teams and customers
- Ensure all UK customer product specifications are up-to-date and in line with operational capabilities
- Support all UK sites with customer audits, carrying out pre-audits if necessary
- Monitor all UK customer complaints and highlighting any areas of concern
- Proactively involved in any proposed Group product transfers to/from UK sites ensuring that appropriate customer Technical Standards are in place
- Support all UK customer specific EPD/NPD projects to ensure they are delivered on time and conform to customer Codes of Practice
- Ensure that all relevant UK customer Sustainability Programmes are communicated to relevant sites and that proactive plans are put in place to meet any specific required targets
- Oversee the compliance of the UK manufacturing sites to the ETI Base code and SMETA standards
- Management of supplier assurance and raw material specifications
- Work with the Central Technical team to audit both UK-based & European Group suppliers
- Managing the Technical Budget
- Representing the business at appropriate external technical forums
- Providing strong leadership, direction, challenge and support to the UK Technical Team
- Assuming personal responsibility for one major key account
Skills & Experience Required:
- Graduate calibre with extensive experience within the UK Food Industry
- Background in Food Manufacturing – preferably bread production
- Good knowledge of Quality Management systems, Food Legislation and Sustainability programmes
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work quickly and logically in pressure situations
- Team player with good management and communication skills
Don’t miss out! Apply for this brand-new Head of Technical position now!