DATA ENGINEER / SOLIHULL / COMPETITIVE SALARY + BENEFITS
Are you an experienced Data Engineer? Ready to push yourself in a challenging, yet exhilarating new role? If so, our client has an exciting opportunity that you won’t want to miss!
They are an award-winning customer intelligence software company, with offices in the UK, USA & Australia – guaranteeing a vibrant work environment and excellent career progression.
As the business continues to grow, they are looking for a passionate Data Engineer – working alongside their app development team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing high quality database solutions.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pension & Health Cash Plan
- Company outings
- Free healthy snacks & lunchtime gaming
- Opportunity to work within a growing organisation, with great company culture
Key Responsibilities of the Data Engineer:
- Design scalable, reliable and high-performance data-driven solutions
- Design, create, and implement database systems based on the business requirements
- Tune application performance to obtain maximum throughput and resolve bottlenecks
- Prepare documentation for database solutions
- Choose correct storage option for a database object based upon its usage profile
- Design database schemas, tables, functions, views, stored procedures and in-application SQL statements
- Use data tools to enforce the data quality and integrity in databases
- Fix any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures
- Create and maintain database-level tests and perform bug fixes
- Enforce authentication and authorisations for database access through the Principal of Least Privilege
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3+ years database development experience
- Advanced T-SQL skills, ETL Development and Dimensional Data Modelling
- A deep understand of SQL Server internals and performance tuning methods
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified (desired)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Must be able to read a Query Plan and extract information relating to performance bottle-necks
- Able to design and troubleshoot SSIS packages and SSRS reports. SSAS experience (advantageous)
- Recent qualification in Microsoft SQL Server (advantageous)
If you have the drive and knowledge to be successful in this Data Engineer role, click ‘Apply’ now!