TECHNICAL AUTHOR / BIDDULPH / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
Are you a Technical Author, with a background in engineering? If so, we have a challenging yet rewarding new role that would be perfect for you.
Our client is a market leader in in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints.
They are looking for a Technical Author to research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. Specifically required to produce high quality technical manuals to support the wide range of Cargo security systems.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Fantastic working environment
- Opportunity to join a world leading organisation
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Author:
- Researching and information gathering to understand the Cargo Vehicle Inspection business and product applications
- Communicating and collaborating information with Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Service Engineers and other related subject matter experts
- Writing, editing and presenting information in clear and concise English including coordinating and preparing illustrations and images, document indexing, cataloguing and copy-editing
- Ensuring that the written documentation is completed to advised and agreed deadlines to the satisfaction of the Cargo Division Senior Management and Functional Managers
- Presenting and/or delivering of written documentation through the appropriate internal publication and authorising process i.e. Document Control
- Developing and maintaining an ECN process and Document Amendment process for the Cargo Division related to System Operator, Technical Reference and/or Maintenance, Training and Service documentation
- Managing a publication and document library within the Cargo Vehicle Inspection Division
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have technical authoring / technical writing experience
- Apprentice trained, or qualifications at HNC/HND level, preferably in an Electrical discipline
- Good understanding of mechanical and electronic control systems, including diagnostic processes and have a Hands-on approach
- Competent user of Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS Office and Photoshop
- Migration to Adobe FrameMaker is planned, so a good understanding of that system, along with Adobe Illustrator, Electrical AutoCAD and Inventor Publisher
- A second language would also be an advantage
Don’t miss out! Apply for this exciting new Technical Author position now!