Position: IT Systems Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (Dependent on Experience)
The IT Systems Engineer Role:
We are looking for an IT Systems Engineer, that will be responsible for working within the support department providing an excellent service to clients both on and off site. As well as working from the office you may be required to work on site for extended periods of time.
You will often be the primary point of contact between clients and the IT organisation. Your responsibilities will include recording the details of all IT incidents and service requests, and working to resolve them. This position requires excellent communication and customer service skills along with strong technical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Accurately log and prioritise support calls, service requests and other incidents which may be received via various sources
- Manage own workload and accurately and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Assist with the management and development of a Hybrid network environment (Thin clients, laptops and workstations, hosted services) and software within Windows 7 / 10 environment and Server / 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 environment
- Management and maintenance of a Microsoft RDS infrastructure
- Maintain LAN and WAN hardware such as routers and switches, amending and maintaining configurations
- Maintain VMware virtual infrastructure
- Produce regular reports on email and Internet usage and to monitor and report security and policy breaches
- Implement effective policies on web and email filtering that allow effective use of these resources without compromising network security
- Update firewall configurations (Watchguard, pfSense) to allow their clients system to effectively communicate with external systems whilst maintaining system integrity
- Ensure mobile device security is in place, configured and up-to-date
- Writing new and maintaining procedures for all desktop & server builds and application installation
- Troubleshoot problems and faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Using network management systems software and analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualifications/relevant professional qualifications in Computing/IT management
- Experience of a range of operating systems and related software and networked systems
- Configuration and administration of Microsoft networks
- Cloud / Hosted software provision and environments
- Extensive experience using IT in day-to-day operations
- Clear understanding of the technical infrastructure required to manage an extensive network
- Good working experience of the following: Microsoft Windows Server / 2008 R2 / 2012 R2; Microsoft Active Directory; Microsoft Group Policy Management; TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, VLANs; Microsoft Exchange 2003 / 2007 / 2010; Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 10; Microsoft Office 2003 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016; Microsoft Office 365; Microsoft Remote Desktop Services; VMware vSphere; Veeam; Mitel Telephony; Dell / HP Servers; Dell / HP Clients / Thin Clients; ESET Antivirus; Backup; Firewalls; VoIP
- Significant IT Experience with Networking, Switches, Routers and Firewalls
- Understanding but preferably a working knowledge of web technologies such as .NET, ASP, C# and PHP
- Valid driving licence and own transportation
- Experience working with and supporting Apple products
- Understanding but preferably a working knowledge of Linux / Unix operating systems
Our client analyses, plans, designs, implements, manages and maintains IT systems that are aligned with their clients’ strategic aims.
Their clients’ are from various industry sectors and their IT systems vary in size, complexity and support and management requirement.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this IT Systems Engineer position, simply apply by submitting your CV via the button shown.
CLOSING DATE: 28th July 2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: IT, Systems Engineer, 2nd Line, 3rd Line, Analyst, Helpdesk, Windows, VLANs, Network, Switches, Router, .NET, ASP, C#, PHP, Linux, Unix, Southampton, Portsmouth, Hampshire