Position: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Fixed Term - 6 Month Contract)
Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Salary: £37,000 (Pro-rata)
Our client is the national charity for homeless people. They are dedicated to ending homelessness by delivering life-changing services and campaigning for change.
Their innovative education, employment, housing and well-being services address individual needs and help homeless people to transform their lives.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a temporary IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their IT Team.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer Role:
The main purpose of this IT Infrastructure Engineer role is to deliver operational 3rd line support for their IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the continued support, maintenance and operation of all IT network systems, servers and desktop PC’s to agreed levels of service
- Proactively supporting users and systems on all sites through regular visits
- Safeguard and protect the IT systems by adhering to industry standard security and virus protection standards
- Ensuring that technical support exists for all IT infrastructure upgrades and IT projects
- Assist the Senior Infrastructure Engineer with delivery of operational support to the entire Group IT infrastructure, providing escalation support and guidance to helpdesk and support engineers as needed
- Liaison with 3rd party maintenance and support contractors as required
- Provision of absence and emergency cover to support Helpdesk email, ticketing and telephone systems including providing cover from 8:30am during periods when Support Engineers are undertaking site visits
- Proactive maintenance of the IT infrastructure and desktops including; applying system patches, critical software updates & upgrades and corrective hardware repairs according to server maintenance schedule
- Provide technical documentation and guidance for Helpdesk knowledgebase
- Provide transition of services from Project into Support in co-ordination with support teams
- Technical resource for infrastructure projects to deliver Information Technology improvements and upgrades to infrastructure, including project, support and maintenance work carried out or co-ordination with helpdesk team
- Plan, design and document all infrastructure development to a high standard, following ITIL framework procedures
- Onsite visits to regional sites as required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent technical aptitude and logical problem solving skills, experience of service ownership and responsibility
- Substantial experience in installing, configuring and supporting complex Windows network and server systems, including the following technologies; Windows desktop and server OS, Windows domain services (AD/GPO), VMWare, NetApp (or other enterprise storage systems), Office 365 and ADFS, SCCM OS and application deployment
- Understanding of TCPIP networks and their operation, including VLAN and firewall configuration, within a multi-site MPLS network
- Experience with IP telephony systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, capable of delivery high-quality documentation for a variety of audiences - technical documents, user guides, management reports
- Out-of-hours work and occasional overnight travel will be an essential component of this role
- Experience with Cisco switches - DESIRABLE
- Experience with Avaya IP telephony systems - DESIRABLE
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Interest free bicycle loan
- Rent deposit loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 8% employer contribution pension
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this IT Infrastructure Engineer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: IT, Infrastructure, Engineer, Installation, Configuring, Windows, Network, OS, VMWare, NetApp, Cisco, Avaya, TCPIP, VLAN, Firewall, 3rd Line, Tower Hamlets, London