Position: Facilities Manager
Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Salary: Up to £37,500 (Dependent on Experience)
Our client is the national charity for homeless people. They are dedicated to ending homelessness by delivering life-changing services and campaigning for change.
Their innovative education, employment, housing and well-being services address individual needs and help homeless people to transform their lives.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join their London team based in Tower Hamlets.
The Facilities Manager Role:
The main purpose of the Facilities Manager role is to coordinate all aspects of facilities at their London sites, where they provide services to the homeless people they help and accommodates some of their head office functions as well. The Facility Manager is responsible for but not limited to also organising health & safety and environmental management as well as managing a small team.
You will assist the Head of Property & Facilities Management by overseeing the day to day running of the department, ensuring the provision of a customer focused, effective and professional service to the organisation, improving efficiency and effectiveness wherever possible.
- Provide first line customer support to all inquiries and issues raised
- Take the lead role on Health & Safety (and on environmental issues), carrying out regularly programmed checks and ensuring that all staff have received appropriate training and where appropriate are suitably qualified.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety policies are adhered to, and all risk assessments are suitable and sufficient and shared with all affected
- Support the Head of Property & FM in the provision of a comprehensive service to all operations, including occasionally visiting other locations for health and safety inspections and training activities
- Ensure the building and activities comply with all relevant health and safety legislation, licensing laws and other legal regulations and maintaining up to date documentation and records
- Provide a safe, efficient and comfortable working environment – managing communal areas including meeting rooms, tea points, corridors and storage facilities
- Delegated responsibility for managing the FM budget under the direction of the Head of Property & FM including recharging direct costs to other departments and reconciling the FM credit card expenditure
- Ensure that contracts and service contracts (including security, cleaning, testing of fire systems, electrical circuitry testing, waste disposal and recycling, pest control etc.) are negotiated and managed according to guidelines set by Head of Property & FM and in compliance with Crisis procurement policy
- Improve, where possible, and make recommendation on efficiencies and value for money in all areas of resourcing
- Encourage and develop policies and procedures for greater energy efficiency in the buildings and work towards a paperless office ethos through electronic filing and archiving
- Attend the H&S and Environmental committee meetings ensuring the efficient preparation and circulation of reports to other committee members in advance of the meeting
- Manage the FM help-desk including the allocation of work and briefing the head of Property & FM weekly of tasks carried out or matters arising.
- Responsible for ensuring security including locking up of the building each night but as an FM responsibility during term breaks
Skills & Experience Required:
- Hold the NEBOSH general national certificate in occupational safety and health
- Significant experience of managing premises and central office functions including managing a team effectively and implementing efficient administrative processes
- Experience of financial management and delegated budget control
- Experience of managing health and safety and implementing and writing policies and procedure
- Able to identify and troubleshoot problems, demonstrating at all times excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Experience of office moves and preparing office design layouts
- Demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office packages to an advanced level
- Ability to undertake manual handling tasks involving bending, lifting, carrying and pulling
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Interest free bicycle loan
- Rent deposit loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 8% employer contribution pension
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Facilities Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
In order to be considered, all successful applicants will be required to complete an additional Application Form. This will be sent to you via email upon receipt of your CV.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: Facilities, Health & Safety, Building, Security, NEBOSH, Staff, Wellbeing, Environment, Budget, Tower Hamlets, London