Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Tower Hamlets, London
Salary: Up to £44,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Our client is the national charity for homeless people. They are dedicated to ending homelessness by delivering life-changing services and campaigning for change.
Their innovative education, employment, housing and well-being services address individual needs and help homeless people to transform their lives.
Due to significant growth, they have a new opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to lead on a number of key IT projects.
The IT Project Manager Role:
The main purpose of the IT Project Manager role is to provide efficient and effective project management for all IT and IT related projects.
You will have responsibility for developing project plans, managing risks and monitoring spend against budget. Managing one other person, you will ensure that all IT projects support their goals and will need to build effective relationships with stakeholders across the organisation and where appropriate, manage relationships with external suppliers.
- Overall management of all IT Projects, including updating project plans, highlight reports, risk and issues log and meeting minutes
- Work alongside project teams from across the organisation where there is a significant IT related work stream
- Managing delegated project budgets to ensure costs are properly monitored and controlled
- Assessing and managing risks and interdependencies across the projects, reporting resource conflicts and/or issues to the Head of IT & IS, project teams and project boards as appropriate
- Managing appropriate quality controls and ensuring requirements are properly documented and realised
- Work with the IT Management Team to scope, plan and resource all IT aspects of organisational projects, and all internal IT projects
- Oversee delivery of projects, manage project initiation, resource planning and scheduling
- Develop and promote the adoption of the ITIL framework, initially within the IT Team and then more broadly across all support service teams
- Liaise with suppliers and coordinate supplier driven activities including technical installations and service renewals as part of project delivery
- Work with business stakeholders to develop requirements for project work, and coordinate delivery of these projects
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project management qualifications in Prince2 or equivalent, with extensive experience of successfully delivering technical projects within a project management environment
- Understanding of the technical architecture of enterprise systems and the likely issues of integrating across multiple platforms
- Experience of managing project teams and work streams including budgeting
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and analytical skills
- Strong team player with track-record of working cross-organisationally, including with senior members of staff to deliver projects
- Ability to identify and document user requirements and manage client expectations
- Good time and organisational management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver complex workloads within tight timescales
- Ability to provide sound advice and judgement based on knowledge and understanding, particularly when under pressure
- Experience of problem solving, research and the ability to disseminate a range of information to different audiences
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office including Outlook and MS Project
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Interest free bicycle loan
- Rent deposit loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 8% employer contribution pension
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this IT Project Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
In order to be considered, all successful applicants will be required to complete an additional Application Form. This will be sent to you via email upon receipt of your CV.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: IT, Project Manager, Prince2, ITIL, Technical, Delivery, Budget, Analyst, Report, Risk, Charity, London